Welcome, visitors and friends to the network for women..

This blog is for young girls and women to form a coalition towards one goal- self-fulfillment, which for many women become difficult to attain. The post here will center around different women and their lives. Enjoy! The Women's Academy is your piece of retribution and your refuge. Thanks for being a loyal patron!

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Listener's Response to Cancellation of Shawty Lo's Reality Show

****Often I recieve letters and emails to episodes from 'Real Talk With THB'; I had to post this one:
o       
 
C    Cancelling the show is not enough. This type of lifestyle is going on more and more throughout the years. I do believe we need more positive shows but we also need to address this breakdown in the family, especially the black family. While I do agree that we should stand up againt foolishness that is put out there we also need to stand up and talk to our children about the desire to be a baby mama/baby daddy instead of being a wife/husband/parent. Why the rush? Also where did the idea originate a child will keep a man? I am a product of a single parent home and realize that some people enter into this lifestyle not on purpose however, too many of the youth are also not taking precautions to ensure it doesn't happen. In the words of one young lady I talked to that was pregnant at the time, said "I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I wasn't trying not to either." Really?
         What does that even mean? Now I listened to your show after the fact (I need to remember to tune in while I'm out of class) and it is interesting. The only thing I have to disagree with is that the man was trying to justify this because of people basing their opinions on western culture. The fact is that many African American and about 3-4 generations were born right here in America. Many of these individuals have not held on to their heritage nor practice any type of traditions from whatever African nation they originated from. So I need him to quit. Now polygamy however, this is not the issue with this case. I have actually watched SisterWives and I actually like it even though this is nowhere near the way I would live my life. This is a lifestyle that he tried to make a comparision to the Bible. However, this is not the case with this show.
         Shawty Lo is not married to any one of those women. If he was involved in a polygamist relationship where he was married to these women I could understand that. However, this situation is completely different. You have a man that is doing what he is conditioned to do and women that chose to be in those situations. And yes, I have to place some blame on these women. I actually watched the preview trailer of this show and to be honest I am not the biggest reality tv fan but I wanted to see this. Why? Because there are tooo many people out here living exactly like this and people need to stop turning a blind eye to it. Maybe they need to see the ugly in it to do something about it.
         These women knew about each other and that he had multiple children and no intention to marry them. I subscribe to an advice column that is pretty good but it AMAZES me how low women will go to get and/or keep a man. I know EVERY woman has to learn but its something wrong when we NEVER learn and teach the next generation of men and women to be fine with mediocrity and foolishness. It amazes me how only years ago women has so much value that an entire family could thrive off of that values and wars were fought because of women. Now you have prostitutes doing sexual favors for $20, men stringing a myriad of beautiful, intelligent women along just because they can and women deciding to be baby mamas because the traditional family in their mind is no longer an option. If we don't take and assert our value and worth, who will? This is a sad state that we are in but more needs to be done in our own homes. Ugly truths need to be exposed, communication open and solutions renders. That's my rant today darling....TTYL.
 
N      Nyaesia Campbell
E   
 
E
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment